- Evolution of cranial development and the role of neural crest: insights from amphibians
- Developmental studies of the lamprey and hierarchical evolutionary steps towards the acquisition of the jaw
- Reassessing the Dlx code: the genetic regulation of branchial arch skeletal pattern and development
- mechanisms facilitating the evolution of bills and quills
- Deer antlers: a zoological curiosity or the key to understanding organ regeneration in mammals?
"Schemae of gnathostome chondrocrania demonstrating the conservation of an ordered series of splanchnocranial elements in the gnathostome bauplan. Maxillary arch derivatives are depicted in yellow,mandibular arch in lavender and caudal arches in salmon and/or white. The neurocranial chondrocranium is in light blue. " from 'Reassessing the Dlx code', for full label see the original article.